Play Great Pickleball heads to Zihuatanejo.
4.5 days of Bootcamp Training, Tropical Paradise, and a Fiesta Completion Tournament • Feburary 28th-March 4th
I have a pickleball dream and I wonder if you want to be a part of it. It goes a bit like this…
Picture yourself waking up to a fresh breakfast in a stunning tropical location. It’s a pleasant 70 degrees (22°C) when you step out of your villa and head to the courts. You warm up with a small and intimate group of new friends and then get on court to receive world class pickleball instruction from a National Champion. Going between personalized instruction in a small group, to training sessions to drill in the new learning, you have the fun intensity of a ideal learning environment. Then a excellent quality Mexican lunch made especially for us.
Follow that with enough free time to enjoy the beautiful beaches, local Mexican flair, and a coconut on the beach and more at sunset. Then evening play in the covered, lighted courts.
Then come back the next day to build on your skills and over the next 3 days, going through every shot and strategy in the pickleball deck. And culminating in a fun tournament on the 4th day to put your new skills to the test.
Join Open Doubles National Champion, Matthew Blom, for a 4.5-day intensive skills clinic and tournament in beautiful Zihuatanejo, Mexico. Where is Zihuatanejo, you ask? If you recall the end of the Shawshank Redemption, Zihua is the location of the picturesque beach where Andy and Red reunite.
More specifically, it’s located on the Pacific Coast of Mexico, just north of Acapulco.
4.5-day Intensive Skills Fiesta Bootcamp!
Free yourself from your self-imposed pickleball prison!
We are intentionally keeping the class size small for this clinic so that each participant can receive quality one-on-one instruction. You will leave Zihuatanejo an overall better pickleball player with greater skills, abilities and strategies to use. Together, we will work to build a solid foundation so you can go home and beat your nemesis and enjoy knowing you can hit the shots you want to hit.
If you’ve trained with Matthew before, you know this will not be your average training of simply being told why you hit a 3rd shot drop, or hearing again to hit your return deep.
This is about liberating you from your current pickleball prison, to leave you freed up to be your best. The methods? Alternative at times. The results? Tailor made to your goals of being the best you can be.
And having an expert (or two) seeing specifically what’s in the way and how to unlock it.
Outside of instruction time, you are encouraged to enjoy the quaint village, take in the local Mexican flare and frolic on world-class beaches. There’s parasailing, catamarans, fishing, sunset walks, local markets, and coconuts on the beach. And of course, our fiesta time together…
Each participant will be responsible for arranging their transportation and accommodations for this boot camp. There are direct flights from many cities into the Ixtapa airport (ZIH.), a sister city to Zihuatenejo.
After registering we have a questionnaire to get to know you and we will also provide options for housing that we have specially arranged for this training which you can use.
Recommended accomodations start at $36 per night, and are walking distance to the courts, the beach, the market/restaurants/night life…
And, there are luxury options for those wanting to include that experience as well.
Here’s a bit of the inspiration for the training from my live fireside chat on Facebook. Scroll to min. 31:10 for the couple mins. of passion about it.
Level: 3.0-4.5 (originally up to 4.0, but we’ve got a good group of 4.5 players also joining now)
Size: We are limiting this to 14 people, and I expect this will fill up quickly.
What to expect
- Learn, then drill in what will soon become a new foundation to your pickleball game that becomes second nature to you.
- Receive instruction tailored to your current ability to help get you to the next level. Small group size means time and attention for you.
- Develop optimal form and proper mechanics: (and get rid of pain)
-Ground strokes (how to be feared when you wind up and still keep them in),
-The 5 keys to great serves and how to accomplish them
-Backhands (I’ve helped so many people with this one)
-Returns: how, where, and to whom. (and a nasty slice return for those who are ready)
-Volleys: Fast, Deep, Block, Rolls and Drop.
-Overheads (it’s all about the wrist and grip baby),
-Dinks: How, where, how to move your opponents like a chess piece to set up the put away— power dinking!
- Add depth, power, accuracy, and consistency by learning how to work with your body and mind to heighten every shot.
- Learn to hit the sweet spot every time for Touch, Control, Feel and Power.
- Learning and doing the best hand-picked drills during the training, and to continue your learning post training.
- Learn pro strategies for knowing what shot to hit and why.
-How to set up attack shots.
-Serves and Returns to take advantage of the point early
-The 3rd shot–mastering the drop and drive. How and where to hit them (and learning the 5th shot strategy that many pros now use)
-Getting to net (I have a controversial, but championship winning strategy)
-Hitting outside the arc and other specialty shots like misdirection, around the post…
-Sneak attack lobs (so much fun!)
- Become skilled in handling the notorious “banger”… seriously, you will own them after this clinic. And knowing how and when to bring the heat yourself.
- The Mental Game — how to stop knocking yourself out of of your best play, how to get back to your best, and how to find and stay in the zone.
- New pickleball friends (and potential partners), and get to know a new, fabulous place in Mexico with a excited local club or Mexicans and foreigners ready to play in the tournament with us and help us fiesta Mexican style.
I’ve considered many things in the price. Tours in other parts of the world that sell for $4000. Large trainings with 100+ participants for $600, another 3-day bootcamp that sells for $2000… So, for a 4.5 days of training plus celebratory tournament, the entire cost is:
To Entice You
If you register by the end of the day on Sun. Jan. 29th, your early registration will include the following bonus items (in addition to the location):
- 1 Private Lesson. 30 mins. You and Me. On what you want most($100 value)
- 1 EngagePickleball paddle. ($90 value) That’s right. You get to go to the Engage Paddle site and pick out your paddle of choice. It’s like Christmas all over again. (We will have the various options available to try at the training if you’d like to experience them before choosing).
- 1-year subscription to PlayGreatPickleball.com. ($180 value) This is my signature video course which you’ll get access to as soon as you sign up for the Training. You can get a head start on the training, and then also have full access to follow up and go deeper with what you’ve learned post Mexico. For a whole year.
In addition to myself, there are other instructional videos by other top pros. (For example, the National champions in singles and doubles for the past two years, plus many others!)
I truly look forward to walking hand in hand with you for these 4+ days through breakthroughs in learning, ah-ha’s left and right, margaritas, and leaving with a bounce in your step from the new foundation of confidence that you will have earned and cannot be taken away.
See you there…